Refabulous' tutorial found here. These are so much easier than I pictured them being when I saw them in peoples hair and at the stores. Definitely going to make more of these in the future. Awesome and easy project.
Materials needed :
-satin or silky type materials (I used what they called "costume satin"...cheaper satin)
-beads, buttons or jewels (for the middle)
-adhesive glue or glue gun
1. Cut circles from your fabric. Cut different sizes and colors if you want to mix it up. They don't need to be perfect circles. I think it looks just a good (maybe better) when they aren't.
2. Place fabric in clothes pin and skim the edges next to the flame (not too close so it doesn't catch fire). I held mine so that they drooped in the way I wanted it to curl.
3. Stack your singed circles. Start with bigger circles and go to smaller. I like the idea of mixing colors found on the tutorials also.
4. Sew a few stitches in the middle to hold it together. I sewed my first bead on with this stitch to save some time.
4. Apply to your hair clip or bobby pin or other attachment. Enjoy.