Materials / Cost
- tree branches / FREE
- paint / FREE
- scrapbook paper / $2.00
- wire / $3.00
- vase / $1.50 at my local thrift store (or free if you have one in storage)
it's a work in progress
- I found a branch someone had pruned off their maple tree during an evening walk and felt it was fate speaking to me about this project that I had bookmarked in my brain for the last couple of weeks.
- I peeled all of the leaves off and painted it black with some indoor/outdoor acrylic paint I had lying around.
- I cut my leaf patterns out of scrapbook paper using a leaf that was on the tree. I folded my paper into pieces wide enough to fit the leaf and then after cutting one leaf out used this are my pattern. I matched up the same paper for both sides of the leaf.
- Then I glued the paper onto the wire as instructed in the tutorial. I also decided that the leaves look more natural with a little curve to them.
The end. Super easy. Super cheap. Hoping to enjoy it for seasons to come.